Transparent, Common-Sense Fees
Our mission at G & G Law is to make legal services accessible to small businesses. One way we accomplish this mission is by bringing attorney pricing policies into the 21st century.
How Much Did Business Lawyers Cost Historically?
Hard to say! Often, more than expected! Historically, all lawyers billed by the hour, and every lawyer you worked with within a firm billed at a different rate. Whether an attorney was billing for their time, what their hourly rate was, or how much work they were going to perform was all an obfuscated mystery… until the bill came. And even then, the bill might only have a brief summary of the work with the amount owed – without line items!
The G & G Law, LLC Approach to Business Lawyer Fees
We started G & G Law to change all that nonsense. Our mission is to make legal services accessible to small businesses. One important component of this accessibility is ensuring our business lawyer prices are transparent and based on common sense.
Transparency is important because small businesses are working within a budget. They need to know how much they’ll be spending in advance, so they can properly budget for the business lawyer costs.
Based on Common Sense
Businesses also need to know that the amount they are spending on business lawyers is actually helping their business. That’s why we focus on common-sense fees. Every step of the way we are educating business owners on how certain legal projects will help their business and empowering our small business clients to strategize and prioritize which projects are most impactful to move forward with and when. The goal is to save time, money, expense, and hassles for your business – so you have more time to focus on the fun parts of growing your business!
Here’s how we accomplish transparent and common-sense fees:
- Flat Fees. We charge flat fees as much as possible. We know that small businesses are on a budget, and this is the best way for everyone to be on the same page about our business lawyer costs.
- Subscription Programs. We offer an innovative Outside General Counsel (OGC) program for businesses with ongoing legal needs. We charge a monthly flat fee for ~10 hours of legal services each month. This is our best “hourly” value. Our OGC clients love that we check a bunch of legal projects off the list, are available to them whenever issues or fires pop up, and take a bunch of the annoying parts of running a business off their plates.
- Up-Front Communication and Planning. Sometimes we have to charge by the hour. Don’t worry! Even when we bill by the hour, our goal is to provide transparent and common-sense business legal fees. We do this with constant communication. First, we listen to deeply understand your business’s needs. Then we educate you on what services we can provide and how they can (and can’t) help you achieve your goals. This empowers you to make a decision regarding how to move forward: whether you want us to perform services, whether you want to do it yourself with our guidance, or whether you want to let it go for now. Our goal is to let you know how much time we’re spending and what value we’re providing to you every step of the way.
How Much Do Business Lawyers Cost?
Speaking of transparency, here’s how we determine our business lawyer fees:
- Hourly Rate for Business Lawyers: $385
- Flat Fee Basis for Projects Over 10 Hours: $264
- Subscription Outside General Counsel Program: $2,640 per month for ~10 hours
Read on for business legal fees for specific projects.
Can I Negotiate for Lower Business Lawyer Fees or Payment Plans?
Nope! Not with us. We set up the same pricing plans for all our clients. This allows us to streamline our processes and keep our administrative and collections processes simple – resulting in lower business lawyer costs for all of our clients and better services.
What are G & G Law Business Lawyer’s Fees?
As mentioned, we charge flat fees as much as possible. This is easy to do for legal projects that we handle all the time, we have a tried and true process in place for, and usually take about the same amount of time every time. We can also charge a flat fee for a monthly subscription program for businesses with ongoing legal needs. Don’t worry if hourly pricing is required, though. We communicate every step of the way so you’re not surprised by an hourly invoice.
Flat Fee Pricing
We can easily bill flat fees for startup entity formation, operating agreements, trademarks, client contracts, employment agreements, employee handbooks, independent contractor agreements, and strategy calls.
Specifically (and transparently!), you can find links to most of our business attorney flat fee costs on our website on our What We Do page. Specifically:
- Flat Fee LLC lawyer cost
- Flat Fee PLLC lawyer cost
- Flat Fee Business Contract Lawyer cost
- Flat Fee Trademark Lawyer cost
- Flat Fee Employment Agreements cost
- Flat Fee Employee Handbook cost
- Flat Fee Independent Contractor Agreement cost
- Flat Fee Strategy Call cost
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, just reach out and ask. We’re happy to let you know if we can offer flat fee attorney prices for your legal project!
Successful and growing businesses, especially those with >$1 million in revenue or specific compliance requirements, have ongoing legal needs. When there’s so much requiring a business owner or operator’s attention, legal projects get pushed to the back burner (have you looked at your Operating Agreement lately?).
Sound familiar? That’s where our Outside General Counsel (OGC) subscription program comes in! For these businesses, we charge a monthly flat fee for ongoing legal services. Read more about our OGC Program here:
This is our best “hourly” value. Our OGC clients love that we check a bunch of legal projects off the list, are available to them whenever issues or fires arise, and take a bunch of the annoying parts of running a business off their plates.
Some projects simply don’t lend themselves to flat fee pricing. This happens when the time required is unpredictable or varies a lot depending on the specific situation. The big legal projects that almost always require us to bill by the hour are buying or selling a business, reviewing a commercial lease, contract negotiations, pre-litigation negotiations, bringing on investors, research projects, and unique situations with a lot of moving parts. Check out:
- Buying or Selling a Business Lawyer cost
- Lease Review Lawyer cost
- Negotiation Lawyer cost
- Bringing on Business Investors Lawyer cost
As mentioned above, our hourly business attorney rate is $385.
Don’t worry! Even when we bill by the hour, our goal is to provide transparent and common-sense business legal fees. We do this with constant communication. First, we listen to deeply understand your business’s needs. Then we educate you on what services we can provide and how they can (and can’t) help you achieve your goals. This empowers you to make a decision regarding how to move forward: whether you want us to perform services, whether you want to do it yourself with our guidance, or whether you want to let it go for now. Our goal is to let you know how much time we’re spending and what value we’re providing to you every step of the way.
Question for You: DIY Legal Fees?
A quick question for you, small business owner reader, if you’ve made it this far (if so, thank you!). Something we’ve been considering for a while is implementing DIY legal services. We’re still talking and thinking behind the scenes about how we can best help our small business clients with these. We of course have to make sure we’re following all the professional responsibility and ethics requirements of our profession in the process.
This could look like the following available for purchase on our website:
- Templates for simple contracts (like NDAs) that don’t require much customization
- Annotated contract templates with online courses that educate and empower you to customize them for your business
- Negotiation guides (documents, vidoes, courses)
- Videos for how to handle specific situations (for example, how to terminate an employee)
- Subscription to a website with access to all of the above
What do you think? We’d love some feedback on whether DIY legal services might be helpful for your business. Please send us a contact form to let us know what you’d be interested in us exploring! We’re also striving to keep growing.
Looking for a business lawyer with transparent and common-sense fees? Please reach out for a quote! Get going and keep growing!